Yesterday was the first official day for our Media Project class. This Class asks us to create a product be it a newspaper, radio show, TV show, movie, music video... what ever as long as it's media related. This product has to be as professional as possible, meaning it has to be done under normal circumstances - barring the fact we're media students. Seeing that I work in the web development field I thought it best to just do a website.
So now that I'm doing a website the next question is who do I make one for? Seeing that I have a few musician friends I decided to do one for one of the bands that I know. The band I decided on is a ska/punk/alternative rock/dub band called The Generals.
Yesterday I had a talk with the bassist and drummer about some possible ideas. We've come up with a basic concept for the site that will eventually change once their album comes out. As easy as this is sounding, it's not. The tough part for me has always been making a layout. I think that's my problem right there... I shouldn't view it as a problem now should I? We'll see I have a faint idea in mind so I'm trying to see how best to execute it.
Oh I forgot to mention, while making this product for Media Project we have to keep a log. Hence, this site. I decided to go all 'web' with it. So from now until January this blog will solely be used for writing up my ramblings and thoughts about this fun process... fun as the case may be.
For now I'm off
Take Care.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment